Friday, March 2, 2012

Meet My Sister Jennifer

I am blessed with 5 sisters and a brother.  I asked each one if I could ask them the same five questions for a new feature called "Five on Friday".  I thought by meeting them you might learn a little about who I am and where I came from. 
This is my sister Jennifer.  Isn't she just gorgeous?  She's a year younger than I am and we were very close growing up.  We still are. She knows my heart.  I am in awe of her everyday.  Here are her unedited responses to my 5 questions.
Thank you for following Danni’s blog! My name is Jennifer Ann, next in line from Danni in the birth order! I am the typical middle child..was always so positive that the family was trying to leave me off at a gas station or rest-stop when on family trips! Danni reinforced my suspicions through the years!! I love her anyway!

What do you do?

I am a stay-at-home wife to a stay-at-home husband, as well as the mother of two sons! What I “do” is quite varied as I have little routine and am in great need of a task master! Life brings just so many changes without warning, at times, thus, I believe is why I no longer seem to follow any schedule. I will not get through this interview without telling you of a recent experience, as it is most-consuming in my life at this time. The eldest of my two sons, Benjamin, passed away as recently as Nov. 1, 2011. “Ben” was Aunt Danni’s very first nephew, she was his very first babysitter! His first car vacation was to Aunt Danni’s, his first airplane ride was to Aunt Danni’s! While Ben was the eldest, he was by no means old, as he was only with us for 28 short years. I take great comfort in knowing that Ben knew how much he was loved! Much of what I do at this time is directly related to taking care of business regarding that experience, and just grieving.

Having shared that, at some time each day, you will find me at the computer. I do a lot of brain training exercises and apps as well as the usual googling, email, etc….and shopping!! OK, yes, it’s a fancy way I use to describe playing FarmVille, Gardens of Time, etc.!!! Don’t judge! J If I happen to visit a shoe dept. online, well, disregard anything else I have listed under this in this paragraph!! So, other than that, what I do typically depends on the 3 goals I set every year on my birthday! My goals are usually so broad..ie, climbing a rock wall, voice, piano, guitar lessons, singing the National Anthem publicly, participating in fundraisers, Locks of Love, are a sampling of past goals! I never want to say, “I wish I had ______”.

Where have you been?

Well, I never been to Heaven, but I been to Oklahoma…(!) Did I mention I love to sing?!? OK, I love to get-away! I have been to many of our states! I think travel is just one of the many gifts we can give our children, as well as to ourselves! I have also been to a few other countries~~one most memorable was the Bahamas shortly post 9/11. It was an amazing time to travel, so very different than any time I had traveled prior. Every trip is memorable! One of my favorite trips was one where a niece and I recorded a song together and we sang together at church!!

What is your passion?

I am passionate about any cause that I take up at any time! I do have a passion for home-schooling..BUT…only for the “right” children and the “right” adult teacher. I am very passionate about parents having accountability requirements while engaging in home-schooling. I have a passion for Locks-of-Love, all military personnel and their families. I have such a passion for the language of all things musical, especially singing! Most importantly, I would have to say, I have a passion for trying to find the good in everything and helping other’s to do likewise. Perhaps I am confusing passion w/loves, but I do love to read, create anything w/needle and thread, baseball, wearing hats, and beautiful Swarovski crystal!!

What is your favorite quote?

Some fav quotes:
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. ~John Lennon~
It’s a great, big world out there…and it’s yours~explore it! ~Me to my sons (incidentally, one moved to Orlando, the other to San Diego!…leaving me right in the middle @ Chicago! Go figure!)
You are responsible for your own happiness. ~my mother~
For me…to breathe…is to sing. ~ me~
We are all a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. ~ The Breakfast Club~

What is your favorite book and why?

Too many great books to decide, but there are two that I wish were required reading: The Five Love Languages and The Breakfast Club. Why? Well, author Dr. Gary Chapman captured the subject of how showing love means different things to different people and he is spot on! Please~read it! The Breakfast Club, by John Hughes, well, I just think we all need a reminder that we are not so different from one another!

A side note from me:
I miss my nephew Ben.  He was a wonderful guy who brought me much joy.  He was funny, interesting, kind, compassionate, and he has my other dimple. (We both had just one.)  He made my heart smile.  His brother Jacob is my hero.  He is a Marine, so he's your hero too.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea - and I'm so sorry about Ben - I can tell he was a great guy and was very loved.

    ReplyDelete