Sunday, July 29, 2012

HACKING OFF A HACKER ! SOLAR LIGHT JAR

I still have some Z Gallerie knock-offs to post, but today, I'm hacking off a hacker that I adore.  I made this solar light jar from THIS tutorial I found at Life in Rehab.
I love it because it during the daylight, it looks like there's water in it!  There's not, but the blue paper background I added sure makes it look like it.  It also helps it look brighter at night.  Wanna see???
 Now I could tell you how Life in Rehab is the first blog I ever "followed", except, I didn't know what a blog was back then, I didn't have a blogger account back then and I didn't know what "follow" meant.  I just had her blog on my favorites list on my computer and pulled it up everyday.  I could tell you how much Sunny makes me laugh, how awesome her blog is and how much I admire her.....but I already did all of that HERE.
I could tell you how I made this awesome jar, but I'm just going to tell you to go check it out on Sunny's blog, Life in RehabYou might find something of hers that you want to knock off as well, after all she does some awesome stuff!  So much so, that I'm knocking her off (or hacking her off if you prefer) here today!
Here is a picture of Sunny's jar that inspired me.  If you click on the link, she'll show you a couple of other examples of solar jars.

I will also tell you that the solar stake lights needed for this project will be going on sale everywhere for $1.50 - $2.00 very quickly now that outdoor and garden season is coming to an end.  You might want to snag some.  
Happy Sunday....it's supposed to be 104 degrees here today.  I'm probably going to be cranky.  I wanted to go to the fair, but there is no way I'm doing that in this crazy heat.   No way.
Linking up to any or all of the fine parties:

18 comments:

  1. Right!!!! Thats it! I'm officially jealous...yup JEALOUS! Oh Danni - that has to be the best ever!!!
    Sorry the heat is still causing trouble - dont be cranky. We have 5 weeks to spring!!!! Woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool!!! You really are enjoying yourself making knock-offs. Sunny is very inspiring and you're doing such a great job! Can't wait to what else you have in store for us. You're going to become the "Knock-Off Queen"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your solar light jar! I think one would look fabulous hanging around my back deck near the pool. Jeez, Danni, that heat! I wish you could send some my way...we just seem to never break 80. I miss my pool :(
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job, Danni, and you took it one step up with the blue background! I love solar lights for two reasons: they're wonderful, ambient lighting that doesn't add to my electric bill, and second, I don't have to get my lazy butt up to turn them on! Hack on, Lady, and thank you for the blush-worthy glowing words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 104, ugh!! sorry about that. Nice light though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool Danni!!! I totally though there was water in there!!!! As Daphne use to say as a little little girlie..."How you do that Mama???" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another really cool project. I missed it when Sunny did it, so I'll have to go check it out.

    I would skip the fair in that kind of heat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute! I'd love to make some of these for my grandmother's lake house. They would be just perfect. They'd be adorable on all the posts around her deck at night. I just may have to do that :) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if the bamboo lamp or this solar lamp is my favorite of all the glitz projects you did. It is very close. I don't know if Sunny and Steff expected such an avalanche of projects from one person, but I think they need to give you the Glitzy Glamor Gal award!

    I do know this I am following over from my Bloglovin' email listing your new post AND MY NEW POST!!! Thanks a ton, Danni - you're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat project--very clever! Thank you for stopping by my blog today and the nice comment--I appreciate it veyr much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful project! It's so pretty and I love the sand and shells inside! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my heck! That is just too cool! Wow! You link up to all these parties? That's pretty amazing! I'm visiting from Serendipity and Spice.
    candace@cool2craft.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. While the initial cost of conversion may deter some customers, the long term benefits for both you and the environment will prove it an excellent investment. Solar PV (photovoltaic systems) generally have a relatively long lifespan, meaning once installed your solar heating or power system will last without additional cost for decades.free solar quotes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! Very informative blog.Hope that you will continue to do posting... installers

    ReplyDelete