Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Banner

Last weekend when I traded blogs, my project was a Spring Banner. In case you missed it I'm posting it here on my own blog today.


The hardest part was deciding on colors because spring pastels are all so pretty!  I couldn't decide, so I chose them all!
I started with some pretty linen card stock:

I chose some paint chips buttons and some sparkly gems in complimentary colors:

I cut the paint chips into borders to go across the top of my banner, then I cut the linen card stock into a pennant shape using a pattern that I just drew onto a piece of manila folder.  I used some "punch out" letters that came in a book to spell "spring".  I used a hole punch to put holes in the top of the banner so I could run a piece of garden twine to hang it by.  At this point, I wanted to add a tiny flower to the bottom of each pennant.  It was a Sunday and I didn't have the right colors of flowers and I really didn't want to go to town, so I made my own.  You can read about how I did it here, but they turned out like this:
It was surprisingly easy and I got just the colors I needed!

Now my banner looked like this:
I added a little sparkle by putting some "gems" below the paint chip border and some ribbon streamers in between the pennants.

My finished banner ended up being about 3 feet across.
Now I'm ready to welcome spring with a festive banner! 
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking Up:
Pinkapotamus Pink Hippo Party
52 Mantels: Thursdays Are YOUR Days
live.laugh.rowe. - live laugh linky thursday
Beyond the Picket Fence: Under $100 Linky Party
Night Owl Crafting: Hoo's Got Talent?
Thrifty Decorating: Thrifty Thursdays
Fireflies and Jellybeans: Show Off Your Stuff Party
These Peas Taste Funny - Link It Up Thursday
Two Yellow Birds Decor - Thursdays Temptations
School House Scraps - Weekend Wind Up
It's a Hodgepodge Life: It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday
Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo: Anything Goes Linky
The Grant Life - Financial Friday
While He Was Napping: Weekend Wander
How to Nest for Less: Just a Party with My Peeps
Uncommon Design Online - Uncommonly Yours
Grateful Belly: What's New Wednesday
Handy Man, Crafty Woman: Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday
My Girlish Whims: Your Whims Wednesday
White Lights on Wednesday: Wednesday Whatsits
A Creative Princess: It's a Party
I Gotta Create: Spring Fling
Chic On A Shoestring: Flaunt It Friday
Creation Corner: Friday Link Party
Five Days.....5 Ways - Feature Friday Free-For-All
Tatertots & Jello: Weekend Wrap Up
Kims Kandy Kreations: Shindig Saturday
Six Sisters' Stuff: Strut Your Stuff
Wayward Girls' Crafts: Wayward Weekend
Nifty Thrifty Things - nifty thrifty Sunday
Scout's Stitches: Scout's Sweet Features & Sunday Linky
The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sundays
A Rosie Sweet Home: Sunday Round Up
Boogieboard Cottage: Masterpiece Monday
Twigg Studios: Sunday Show-Off
Shaken Together: What's Shakin'
Randee's Organized Chaos: Sleepy Sunday Linky
My 1929 Charmer: Sunday's Best Par.tay!
Under the Table and Dreaming: Sunday Showcase Party
Alderberry Hill: Make the Scene Monday
Homeaker on a Dime: Creative Bloggers Party & Hop
Serendipity & Spice: Manic Monday Link Party

Serenity you









Tuesday To Do Party







michellepaige







5 comments:

  1. These are so cute :) I like all cute banners..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banners, and always say I am going to make one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty banner you did a great job. You have a wonderful blog. I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you came to my new blog and if you like you could follow me too. I'm also hosting a Sunday link party you can share at.
    I hope you come.
    Thanks,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banner is very festive---perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete