Saturday, March 17, 2012

Trading Blogs

Recently I signed up for "Trading Blogs" hosted by my friend Melissa at Serendipity and Spice. If you haven't checked out her blog, you should, she's awesome and she has a great link party every Monday called Manic Monday!



  I will be trading blogs with Kristin and she is posting here for me today.  You can find me over at The Simple Things today, but please stick around and enjoy this post from my "Trading Blogs" Partner Kristin.

Hello!  My name is Kristin and I am guest posting from The Simple Things Blog.  I have a huge love for home decorating and especially DIY projects!  On my blog, you will find an array of DIY projects, recipes and a little bit of my personal life tossed in every now and again.  My husband and I own a relatively small condo, but just because it's small doesn't mean it can't be beautiful!  We are constantly thinking of ways to make it more livable, organized and just plain gorgeous.


With spring coming up, I decided my drab grocery bags needed some sprucing up!  So I decided to stencil a canvas bag to see how I liked it and...I love it!  I'm going to make a bunch of these to use for groceries and the farmers market,




Do It Yourself!  Here is what you'll need:





Paints
Paint Brush
Stencils
Canvas Bag


Those stencils look familiar?  I used them to make beautiful DIY placemats in January!  I loved them so much, I decided to reuse them!
Here are the paints I chose 


Canvas Tote from Mich.aels


I used a grocery bag to stick in the bag to prevent the paint from "bleeding" onto the other side!


Hold the stencil down snug, and use the smallest amount of paint as possible.  Otherwise it will smear(which happened a couple times). 
Continue stenciling to your heart's content!  


I'm going to be styling' walking around the farmers market with this grocery bag!










What do you think?  I can't wait to use it :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment