Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bejeweled Rabbit

This rabbit is such a surprise on my Easter mantel...er I mean shelf. 
She's all bling-out and ready for spring!   I love the way she sparkles on my shelf.  This was probably one of the easiest Easter projects I've ever done.  Here's what you need:
Tacky Glue (you know I love that stuff!)
Various Jewels/Beads (these came from Hobby Lobby)
Toothpick
Rabbit (mine is ceramic)

All I did was put a drop of glue on the center of my plate and use the toothpick to put a little dot of glue on the back of the jewel.  Then I put it on the rabbit.  Repeat, repeat, repeat......
I didn't have a pattern or a plan, I just kind of put them on there randomly.  I guess you could draw a pattern on the rabbit first if you wanted to.  I let her dry about an hour just to make sure the jewels would stick.  That was pretty much it. 
She's the sparkliest thing I have on my shelf this Easter and no glitter was involved!


C'mon....who needs an Easter Bonnet when you are bejeweled???!!!  Have a hoppy day! (sorry..had to)

Linking up:
Pinkapotamus Pink Hippo Party
52 Mantels: Thursdays Are YOUR Days
live.laugh.rowe. - live laugh linky thursday
Beyond the Picket Fence: Under $100 Linky Party
Night Owl Crafting: Hoo's Got Talent?
Thrifty Decorating: Thrifty Thursdays
Fireflies and Jellybeans: Show Off Your Stuff Party
These Peas Taste Funny - Link It Up Thursday
Two Yellow Birds Decor - Thursdays Temptations
School House Scraps - Weekend Wind Up
It's a Hodgepodge Life: It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday
Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo: Anything Goes Linky
The Grant Life - Financial Friday
While He Was Napping: Weekend Wander
How to Nest for Less: Just a Party with My Peeps
Uncommon Design Online - Uncommonly Yours
Grateful Belly: What's New Wednesday
Handy Man, Crafty Woman: Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday
My Girlish Whims: Your Whims Wednesday
White Lights on Wednesday: Wednesday Whatsits
A Creative Princess: It's a Party
I Gotta Create: Spring Fling
Chic On A Shoestring: Flaunt It Friday
Creation Corner: Friday Link Party
Five Days.....5 Ways - Feature Friday Free-For-All
Tatertots & Jello: Weekend Wrap Up
Kims Kandy Kreations: Shindig Saturday
Six Sisters' Stuff: Strut Your Stuff
Wayward Girls' Crafts: Wayward Weekend
Nifty Thrifty Things - nifty thrifty Sunday
Scout's Stitches: Scout's Sweet Features & Sunday Linky
The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sundays
A Rosie Sweet Home: Sunday Round Up
Boogieboard Cottage: Masterpiece Monday
Twigg Studios: Sunday Show-Off
Shaken Together: What's Shakin'
Randee's Organized Chaos: Sleepy Sunday Linky
My 1929 Charmer: Sunday's Best Par.tay!
Under the Table and Dreaming: Sunday Showcase Party
Alderberry Hill: Make the Scene Monday
Homeaker on a Dime: Creative Bloggers Party & Hop
Serendipity & Spice: Manic Monday
Newlyweds on a Budget: Tutorial Tuesday
The Answer is Chocolate: BFF Open House Link Party
Serenity you






















Tuesday To Do Party











13 comments:

  1. What a fancy bunny! My grandchildren would love this! Thanks for sharing a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beauty she is!!! Love that glittery rabbit, has something of a fairy tale about her. gorgeous!
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beats a chocolate bunny! Thanks for linking up <3
    igottacreate.blogspot.com
    Spring Fling linky party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybunny needs a blingy bunny.hehe Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a unique idea and very sparkly! Happy Easter. I'm following you on the new linky!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything's better with some bling! What a fun idea and thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how cute! Everything is better with bling! Thank you for joining TTF this week. And have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He came out so cute. Everyone loves a little bejewelling. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great idea! Love the pretty colors! So cute!! Thanks for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every mantel/shelf needs some sparkle!! Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Link it Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete