Sunday, March 17, 2013

THE STRAIGHT SCOOP ON THE GFC PANIC

GFC or "Google Friend Connect, is not going away!  So stop crying, panicking and being upset.  You are NOT losing your GFC Followers or the widget for it.
 The Google Reader is going away....because not many people were using it.  The Google Reader is not the same as your "dashboard".  Personally, I look at my dashboard to see what blogs have new posts and then go directly to the blog from my dashboard.  If you were around long enough, the same kind of panic swept the blog world last year and everyone jumped on the "Linky Followers" bandwagon, which was not necessary unless you had a blog that was NOT powered by Blogger.  
It's still a good idea to have Bloglovin' on your blog and Melissa at Serendipity and Spice has written a very good article explaining this whole thing.  She is my "go to girl" on all things bloggy and she has never steered me wrong.  (I've known Melissa since my first week of blogging.)  While you are there, check out her "Blog Tips" and you might want to follow her because she has a great linky party, "Manic Monday" and some awesome projects and great recipes as well.   You can find Melissa's article by clicking her logo below.
How Losing Google Reader Will Really Affect My Stats...
  Thank you Melissa.....for taking the time to research this and figure it out.  As always...you are awesome!
  

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for tip, Danni! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Advengtures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the voice of reason. :)

    I have seen a lot of people panicking and changes like that can be scary, but... def. doable even when they are real. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danni, yet another question for you. I RSS my favorite blogs. Will all my RSS feeds show up on the Blogger dashboard even if they are not Blogspot ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, O Baroness of Bloggers, I will just continue to write my posts and enjoy them. I tend just to let the world go by and I will eventually catch up. I was not around last year for what seems to be an annual panic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to ask : which grandchild did you pinch on this St. Pat's Day to get the crying pic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this! I don't know why everyone freaks out so much... Google knows what they're doing (99.9% of the time, anyway lol).

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    www.revolutionariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHaHa LOVE that picture!! Thanks for the link, I'm going to check it out cause I'm clueless as to what this is even all about! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Off to see what Melissa has to say, thanks for sharing. I have been googling it and there are a lot of conflicting statements

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just followed you. I can't have both you and GFC reader disappear from my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank thank thank you - because I was completely panicked -
    Really thought of packing it all in when I first heard about all of this crap - simply because
    I don't have any brain cells left to try and figure out anything new - I used the last one I had up just
    figuring out how to blog in the first place............
    sadly they haven't been replenished themselves yet
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Danni Girl - is is fixed?
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. My widget can rest easy now tonight.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa does have a lot of good advice regarding blogging...I'm always so blown away by her knowledge of all thing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the heads up Danni! I just read something the other day that said Google Reader and GFC were going away. So glad to know GFC is staying. I'll have to head over to Melissa's blog and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the kind words Danni! You are an awesome friend!!

    ReplyDelete