Friday, March 29, 2013

Looking Down - March Self-Portrait Challenge

My dear friend Amy at While Wearing Heels hosts a once a month self-portrait challenge and I have been a big chicken about doing it. 
While Wearing Heels
Oh I've wanted to do it, and I've been somewhat of a voyeur, checking out all of the other pictures, but take a picture of myself? Gahhhh!
But it bugged me and lurked in the back of my thoughts.  I missed the first month, then the second, when the theme was "Reflections", which were so awesome that I was just blown away.  (You can check them out yourself HERE.)  Still, I hesitated.  Finally, I did what I always do when I need to make myself do something that scares me....I TOLD someone that I would do it.  (Yep, that's usually all it takes for me to get off my butt and do something.)
That very week we had snow.  I love snow and we get so little of it here in SW Missouri, so I did something I always wanted to do, I went outside barefoot in the snow.
Bare naked toes in the snow.  It felt cold, but wonderful!  Then...I just kind of wanted to lay down in  it....so I did.  (My little dog was in the window looking at me like I was crazy.)  It was kind of fun, but it was also cold, so I snapped a quick picture and came back inside to my warm slippers and my hot coffee.
 What surprised me the most when I downloaded this picture to my computer was not the fact that I had on no make-up, nor the fact that I hadn't even fixed my hair yet, but....how much I was smiling!
It was a silly thing to do, all by myself on one of the few days we had measurable snow, but I did it...and I have a picture to prove it!
Thanks Amy!  

Linking up to Amy's wonderful party sometime later today!
Now won't you be a brave soul and join in as wellThere's a new theme every month!
  
While Wearing Heels

23 comments:

  1. You're so beautiful and happy Danni, your spirit shines through your eyes xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post AND your pictures!!! Your attitude is AMAZING!
    And what a fun link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I had to turn my laptop around to see your wonderful smile! This photo captures so much of your personality! You're so pretty laying in the snow, - and you have perfect teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me smile! and thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment on my blog! i love amy to pieces and when she started this project, like you, i watched each one go by...wanting to support her, but not sure about the whole self portrait thing. cheers to us for taking the plunge this month! enjoy your weekend and it's so nice to meet you and be introduced to your blog;)

    chandra
    astylishlittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely smile you have, Danni! It must have been more fun than you thought - out there bare feet in the snow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you, Danni.
    You look so happy and so fun...when I look at that photo I smile and just know you'd be so fun to hang out with.
    Beautiful photos and post.
    xo,T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Danni... you look like you were truly enjoying yourself. I think the silly things are often the most fun. I too have been wanting to take part in Amy's challenge, but have chickened out every month. Maybe next month will be the one. Glad you got some snow to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. found u via amy at WWH oh i luv it!! I too hesitated for the first month then the second month i too just forged ahead (bull in a china cabinet when i'm too chicken). This looks like so much fun! and i agree with mel your spirit shines thru these photos!glad to me your newest followe via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danni, this post brought big fat tears to my eyes. Your perspective about life is so inspiring. Your post is filled with such joy and happiness, just like you. Your pictures make me wish I could have one more snow day. I love that you embraced the cold and had so much fun doing it. You made my day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter laid down in the snow this year, sans coat, and she went out in shorts too. She didn't think to go barefoot, or I know she would've. :)

    I like the picture, and I think it's fun that you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! Who would have thought to do what you did? Certainly not me! That's what I love about your blog--always something new, fun, creative, or all the above.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think of you as The Coolest of The Cool. With your toes in the snow, that could be a literal translation! ;-) 'Love the pix. You are such an inspiration. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great self-portrait, Danni! I think that Amy's project is a great one, but like you... I'm nervous to join. Thank you for reminding me that it's about capturing the emotions in that moment and then sharing it. Well done, you!


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun thing to do for your portrait. A great and daring adventure! What will you do next time I wonder.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like letting down your guard just opened the door for your spirit to hop out and have some real fun. Your smile is as lovely as the woman behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola!
    Newest Blogloving Follower, thanks for hosting! Left message here because I found no contact form or email. Also your newest GFC reader! Looking forward to sharing the love and support.

    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/feed/blog/3914216
    http://www.simplyymayra.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome! I'm also a chicken but you are inspiring me. Have a wonderful Easter Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are lovely Danni - what a great photo - love you girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. We get lots of snow, and I have never been in it in my bare feet! Or laid down without full winter gear on. lol You are brave, but a picture tells a story, and you look so happy! Great self photo, Danni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your post and pictures. I smiled just reading about you smiling! It's wonderful to allow ourselves to be silly and take joy in doing something that's so completely in the moment. Hope you participate again next month! I'm already excited to hear the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, my feet froze just looking at yours in the snow! :)

    ReplyDelete