Friday, March 15, 2013

EASTER EGG HOLDER

Here is a fun Easter project that cost me a whole 50 cents.
 I was at a tea room that also had some antique booths in it and you could kind of browse around while you were waiting for your lunch.  They had a table in the very back that was just piled with stuff that had no price tags on it and mostly looked like trash.  The owner said one of her booth owners had a relative who had moved into a nursing home and this was all just some leftover stuff that she brought in.  It was all going away in a couple of days and I could just make an offer on anything I wanted.  I found a few items, including this little brass rabbit egg holder and paid her a quarter for it.
I cleaned it up and gave it a shot of silver spray paint.  Then I spray painted the top of an outdoor porchlight that I picked up at our Habitat for Humanity, last year also for a quarter.  I love those old porch lights, they have a million parts and pieces and if you look at them long enough, you can see a lot of projects in one little light.
 Then I just put them both together, stuck some faux flowers in that cute rabbits paws, put a beautiful beaded egg on top and snapped a few pictures for you.
 He's kind of shiny, and hard to get a good picture of, but then so are 2 quarters.
 Enjoy your day and keep your eye out for some of those old porch lights!

Linking up to any or all of the fine parties listed HERE, and at the bottom of this page.

26 comments:

  1. So cute, Danni and what a bargain! Did you make the beaded egg? It's very pretty too! Love the colors. It's all so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danni, you set the bar for crafting. I'm always amazed at your talent. The way you embellish such ordinary objects is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic deal, Danni! You certainly have come up with some great spring projects and this one is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only a crafting genius would see the potential in an old porch light, lol. This came out awesome as usual. I bet you're fun to shop with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not free, but it is close. The cuteness factor is beyond a ten and the egg is perfect for it. Will you show all the Easter things in a vignette?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each project just keeps getting better!
    ( but I really still love that little cloche one too with the flowered arbor )
    This is soooo pretty Danni - great job dahlink!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Danni! How on earth do you come up with this stuff? This is genius! So cute and I love that it's thrifty! And I can't wait to see what it morphs into next. Because I know you can't leave it alone. Haha-You are so creative! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is my kind of project. Thrifty and fabulous!!! I don't know how you keep churning out these amazing crafting projects. I love how you mind works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this thing! the re-use of the light part is wonderful - I always have bits of those lying around, must try them layered with other things. Thanks for inspiring me today. Oh, and the egg is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that bunny gig. And he was just holding out his hands waiting for someone to give him a bouquet. I am wondering why we are assuming that rabbit is a 'he'....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry! Had to delete my error-filled comment. Let's try that comment again. Perfect timing to find such a sweet little bunny! I'm unceasingly amazed by your ability to see the possibilities in seemingly unrelated pieces. This piece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable. Don't you just love a good deal? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dannie, this is simply adorable! I love that you painted it silver and great tip on the old lighting fixtures! Have a great weekend! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear friend - is there no end to your creativity? This is just fantastic - I love the bunnies you find! I wish I could come thrifting with you - I bet I would come home with arm loads of stuff and great ideas!!! Love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! beautiful! I keep looking at my cheese box and thinking of you! :) Also, I love that old wood back ground you take pics in front of. ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute. I love that you added flowers to the bunny's paws. It looks so much better in silver too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When is Easter? Next week? The following one? I better get a move on.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  19. You need your own show, Danni. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never would have thought to pull apart old light fixtures and use the parts - what a clever gal you are!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Porch light projects could now become a new phenom after what you've done. Great idea!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know how I missed this but I love this 50 cents get out you are the bargain hunting champ!

    ReplyDelete