Saturday, February 2, 2013

VALENTINE CHERRY FUDGE

When I saw a recipe for two ingredient fudge over at Lady With the Red Rocker, my first thought was "no way".   I have to say that at first, when I looked at the 2 ingredients, I thought that it would just never work, but yet, I had to try it.  Here is the end result......
 Aren't they cute?  Let me just tell you that those are each two little bites of cherry heaven.  She made strawberry and put hers in a pan and turned them out and sliced them.  I made mine in a couple of different forms.  For the ones above, I used some cute little round ice cube trays to make them in "two bite" size.  
 They fit perfectly in the cute Valentine candy boxes that I posted about HERE as well.
I also made them in some small block forms (the molded plastic forms that almond bark comes in, although that is not one of the ingredients in this recipe).  
 These worked quite well and also looked phenomenal
 Very easy to cut them in half to make a two-bite square.
 Finally, I wanted to see if I could make a heart shaped, larger piece by pouring the 2 ingredient mixture into a cookie cutter.
 I put some wax paper underneath it and prayed it wouldn't all just run out from under.  Worked just fine!
I'm not going to give you this recipe....it's not mine to give.  But I will say that it's so easy and so unbelievably delicious, that you should go right over to the  Lady With The Red Rocker blog and get it from her.  Then make a couple of batches of it because you'll want to keep one for yourself!!!
 Thank you to the Lady With The Red Rocker!  You've made many of my friends very happy and they don't even know it yet!
Linking Up:
 
Glitter Glue and Paint

18 comments:

  1. Yes! Very Happy! This looks so good, Danni! Your presentation is awesome!!! I'm going over to check the "Lady With The Red Rocker" out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked The Lady with the Red Rocket and got the recipe. How did you make it cherry? Do you think any flavor would do? I am drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you say it's good, I will most definitely try it! The flavors can be anything if one uses vanilla and then flavor :-) I knew those cute little boxes will come in handy again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious Danni! I just went over and got the recipe. Sooo easy and they look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! You had me wanting to read more and more with the anticipation of the recipe! My only thought was... could I adapt it to my strict diet...I will go and see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, never mind :) unless I can find sugar free, dairy free, gluten free frosting lol! Is there such a thing!!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum! I'm always afraid to make fudge, but may have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on my way over - anything that looks that pretty and only takes 2 ingredients has my vote!!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING. These look so delicious. I don't think I would have any left to share with anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Not only perfect in shape and color but 2 ingredients!! Whoohhoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fantastic and I love how you packaged them too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found you through Jemma's blog. I loved the comment you made about loving a bit of every style. That's me! Lovely meeting you. I'm on my way over to find those two ingredients, but I'll be back!
    New follower,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Danni,
    Your's turned out super cute! So glad you liked the recipe. Thanks for the shout out! :o)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me at two ingredients so I'm heading over there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmmm, one day I'll be able to get all these exotic ingredients and make cool quick treats!! Looks lovely Danni xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have to hop over to her site and check out the recipe - looks good! and your boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are SOOOO cute!! I love how you did a couple different sizes and shapes. What a great gift idea and you could make it in different colors and flavors for every holiday there is :)

    ReplyDelete