Wednesday, February 20, 2013

BLOGGERS I ADMIRE: ANNE - DESIGN DREAMS BY ANNE

It's been a little while since I did one of these posts where I like to introduce you to a blogger you may not know, but I'm back today with an awesome one!  Meet Anne, from Design Dreams by Anne.
I couldn't tell you when I started following Anne and her wonderful blog, but probably not soon enough!  When I have a little time, I like to browse her blog and see what earlier posts I've missed. 
I asked Anne to share three of her favorite posts, then I'll pick three of her projects that I love. 
Anne's favorites.....
A Baby Greenhouse Is Born
This was one of those posts where I yelled at my husband, who was in another room, to come look at this because I want it on my deck!  Isn't it fabulous?!
Home Made Chalk Paint Project
 Seriously, she's going to share how to make your own chalk paint.  I don't know which is more exciting...the recipe or the project.  They're both amazing!
The Sunflower
 If Anne hadn't chosen this one, I sure would have!  She has taken up painting with an amazing flourish and she does a great job!  When I commented on this post, she sent  me a video of how to paint a flower.  It looks easier than it is, I'm sure.  I want to try painting and someone recently told me I could pick up some inexpensive paint sets at Big Lots.  I'm going to give it a try!  Anne has certainly inspired me!
Here are a few of my favorites posts from Anne's blog....
A Little Bit of France
I loved these little nesting tables with their French themed makeovers.  Anne has a whole category of Ikea Hacks on her blog and I can get lost just browsing through those!
Funky Boat Lantern Lamp
 This post on "how to make a battery powered light from a candle holder" was fascinating to me for two reasons.  First, I often see cute tea light or votive holders that I think would make a great lamp.  Second, I have some places that could use a little light and I don't have an outlet nearby.
Bathroom Sneak Peek
Because I'm planning a little bathroom makeover this summer, I enjoyed this post.....really all of her bathroom projects!  Anne is a serious DIY girl and I'm pretty envious of that fact! 
  
If you want to learn even more about the awesomeness that is Anne, you can check out I'm In the Bloglight because she was featured on Hometalk (how great is that?!) and it is a much more in-depth article than this one!
I feel lucky to have Anne as a blog friend whose kind comments always encourage me and make me smile!  I think you'll like her too, which is why I'm sharing her with you today!  Head on over to Design Dreams by Anne and see what she's been up to.  You'll be glad you did!
Thank you Anne, for letting me feature you here today!  You have inspired me in so many ways!  You make me dream big with so many of your projects and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

16 comments:

  1. I love sweet Anne and I distinctly remember that I started following her because of the adorable DIY greenhouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a FUN lady. Going to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading her blog several months ago because of the (for me) death-defying DYI projects she attempted and excelled at. She is a blogger to admire, Danni. I'm glad you are starting this series again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you have showcased does look very nice. I really like her painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne is incredible - you know she does all these building projects herself, right?
    Did you see her bathroom?
    Amazing
    Canadian, eh?
    Sorry - couldn't resist!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Danni, you made my whole year! Thanks so much for featuring my blog. It was so interesting to see which projects you liked the best!!

    Have an awesome week!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this series Danni! Anne is such a talented DIY blogger....loved seeing your favorite projects of hers too. She's quite the artist, isn't she!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to go check out how to make chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Danni! I love being introduced to new fabulous blogs. Anne is so talented that I had to follow her right away. Love the flower painting... that's something I've always wanted to try. I'm looking forward to checking out some of her past posts when I get some more time.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danni...I am going over to see how she built her greenhouse...What a wonderful idea...Thanks for introducing us...
    Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you mention how funny Anne is?

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi danni! stopping by say hi and thank you for the visit!

    your newest follower, huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne's greenhouse was one of the very first posts I came across when discovering creative blogs. I love Anne's blog xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for sharing your wonderful post at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally need a greenhouse like that! Thanks for doing a spotlight on her!

    ReplyDelete