Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Had a Plan.......

I had a plan for this weekend.  I really did.  I was determined.  You guys know that I totally suck at stenciling, despite some very good lessons from my friend Donna at  Distressed Donna Down Home.  I wanted a Silhouette so that I could do some fabulous lettering.  I got money for Christmas to buy one, but there was something else I needed. (I'm very practical when it comes to those things.) 
Then Suzan at Simply Vintageous....by Suzan did this fabulous table makeover for us at the Inspiration Cafe.
Suzan's Table
She used graphite paper to put that lettering on the table top.  Oooooh!  This was new to me.  I ran right out to get some graphite paper and planned to make a sign this weekend.  I gathered all my supplies......
Oh yes!  I was very excited to make a little sign.  You know, just a little practice before I did my very first furniture piece.  But, then this happened.....
 Yep....we had our grandson over the weekend.  5 year olds are extremely busy and have zero tolerance for crafting gramma's.  ZERO!!  He is the Golden Child.  He is "the boss of me".  I am shamelessly powerless when it comes to him.  He can pretty much get me to do anything.  (Including let him sleep in the box my new vacuum cleaner came in.)  He is joyfully exhausting.  I gladly put my crafting and blogging on hold for the weekend.  
So my project didn't get done and I have nothing to show you today.  But.....Suzan from Simply Vintageous....by Suzan has posted another furniture makeover at the Inspiration Cafe this morning and you should go check it out because it's awesome!  And on that note.....The Golden Child and I will bid you goodbye.
(He told me that when you turn six, you don't blow kisses anymore.  I'm grateful for a little time until he turns six.)   
    

29 comments:

  1. He's too cute Danni - love the photos of him blowing kisses - maybe you can settle for butterfly kisses when he turns 6!!!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with when you get the time to use that graphite paper! I know it'll be awesome - I also know you'll be seriously addicted lol
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness he is just so adorable, Danni. My parents had our daughter over this weekend and she's the same way with them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lettering would have had quite a different outcome if your "boss" was helping out. Hope all goes well with your sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE. That sweet little face. Those hand blown kisses. I just want to give him a giant snuggle. Your project can wait, making memories with that little man can't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...too cute! Projects can always wait, but a childs arms cannot :) Hugs, cuddles and playtime are way more fun.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable, Danni! Hope you caught all those special kisses ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stencil projects can wait - it is important to make memories with The Golden child. He is right kisses seem to diminish after six. And what is wrong with sleeping in the vacuum cleaner box?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I love those last two pics - grab those air kisses while they last! I am so glad you didn't get any crafting down this weekend - I love this post. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy those kisses while you can! My nephew is two and his latest thing is that when we're Skyping and it's time to say goodbye, instead of blowing kisses he hides so I won't go. At some point I'm hoping he'll catch on that it isn't working and start giving me kisses again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will probably never have grandchildren, so I may need to borrow yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, no kiss-blowing once you turn six? Better catch as many as you can now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a 5-yr old in the house, and you're right, they have a zero tolerance level for crafting (or in my case writing for school), but who cares...five-year-olds are more fun than anything else anyway. Yours is a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I was a child there was NOTHING better than a new box, we used to drag giant boxes home from the funiture store in town and create giant play houses out of them. usually only good for one or two days before the dew rendered them useless.

    I hope he had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grandparents are the best! blogging and crafting can wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so good being the Grandma. My girls are staying with Mom this weekend...and they are so excited because Grandma makes them pancakes and pizza and they get to eat all the naughty stuff mommy doesn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie! Much better to play with a five-year-old than to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's adorable! Crafting can wait forever if you have a little snuggle buddy around.
    Boxes are the best toys ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha...I can totally relate to this. I had Presidents Day off and big plans. My 2 year old son definitely had a different idea and I got next to nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tee hee! I'm a Nana so I know what you mean, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh Danni... he's so sweet!!! I can see you had your hands wonderfully full for the weekend. Making memories is such fun. Looking forward to seeing your project!!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Danni, glad to meet you, Neighbor. I've been in bed for two days so I'm just now finding out about this storm coming up! Congrats on the new little one, and having a 5 year old around is definitely a lot of fun! take care these next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  22. If there's one thing I'll put the projects aside for it's the grandkids! You didn't make the sign, but you made lots of great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely!!! They stay little for such a short time, so it is wonderful that you can enjoy him now. What a sweetie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Danni, he's adorable and trumps craft projects any day! Absolutely take those precious kisses while they are still offered. :) Thanks for letting us meet the litle cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Danni,

    What a fun adventure you had with your little grandson!! Such a sweet post-enjoy, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Precious!! Little boys seem to be that way with grandmas. Glad you had some FUN times with him over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The best laid plans...need to be put on hold with a cutie like him! One of our grandsons is five too, I hope he doesn't find out about that rule!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A very good excuse :). I am interested in seeing how your sign turns out, though....I have a lettered sign in mind I want to make and am trying to decide the best way to do the lettering.

    ReplyDelete