Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SEASONAL LANTERN - 5 MINUTES....ZERO DOLLARS

You all know how I love taking apart my projects and using them for something else later.  So when I purchase something for crafting my home decor, inside or out, I always ask myself, "Am I going to be able to get a lot of use out of this?".    I just can't quite seem to move on to Christmas yet and I'm hanging on to Thanksgiving.  I made this little lantern to have around for the Thanksgiving season.
 It's kind of cool because it's battery operated and kind of flickers.  I started out with this really fun light I found at Lowe's on the clearance shelf last summer for $3.00.  I knew the second I saw it that it would be seriously versatile.  
 It made it's first appearance on my blog HERE, where I made it into an outdoor lantern for my deck.  I enjoyed it all summer long!
 But now, I wanted to turn it into a an indoor lantern that would look pretty at night.
My supplies for this project were at hand and minimal, so this one cost me ZERO dollars.  Yay!
 Fall Stickers, Matching Ribbon, Double-stick Tape.
 I chose the large wreath out of my set of stickers, added some ribbon that I applied with double-stick tape and that was it.  Done.
It looks pretty good even when it's turned off.
 When you turn it on it's even better!
 Wanna see it at night with the lights off?
 I love it!  And the best part.... 2 - AA rechargeable batteries! 

You know you'll be seeing it again here in just a few weeks, because how can I not give it a Christmas makeover?
Don't you love a quick and easy project? 

Linking to any or all of the fine parties listed HERE. 

19 comments:

  1. Great idea Danni - I love how it shines brightest in the interior of the " wreath " can't wait to see the xmas one -
    if you wrap leaves around them they could be a centerpiece for thanksgiving and christmas!!!
    Look at me - I always have to give my 2 cents -
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! LOVE! Always fresh and new for each season! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I like it! I always forget about stickers {and I have heaps}
    I would like to see the Christmas version ...bet it will look fabulous, knowing your talents by now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re-use, re-decorate, re-think your decor with each season! I love the lantern in summer as in autumn as in winter, Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew when I saw this lantern dressed for the shore it did not have a chance to remain as it was. Another great make-over and I cannot wait to see the lantern dressed for Christmas. I am surprised it missed Veteran's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you're able to change these things up - what vision, lol. This is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, I really love quick and easy DIY projects; great looking lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to find a similar lantern! I'm storing far too much stuff and need to follow your example of changing things up seasonally. This version is as pretty as it's predecessors! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember being excited about that lantern you got for $3.00 last summer. I think it was the beginning of the great change over for me - wondering what you're gonna come up with next. I tell you, you really do need to create a blog about "Re-purposing Your Craft Items!" Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really wonderful! I love your idea and have often thought about doing my own 'seasonal' subject... now you have me thinking about it again :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a knack for thinking outside the box! This can be changed up for every holiday and/or season. Great find Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so neat that you were able to change it for the fall. It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you were able to use this again for another tutorial. Yeah for fall decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a fantastic idea, hmm must hunt one down! I love the beachy theme you had on it as well

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember that lantern! Great up-cycling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love some holiday decor that can be used for every holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! I love versatile items like this. I have some Ikea lanterns that I change every season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! So pretty. What a transformation. Looks great. I just love that candle light glow. I can't get enough of it. I get so excited here in California when it finally gets dark early. :) I just love this! Thanks for visiting this morning! Always nice to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! What a deal! I love both the summer and Autumn looks! Great job up-cycling, Danni Can't wait to see what you do with this for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete