Friday, November 9, 2012

THANKSGIVING INSPIRED PICTURE FOR LESS THAN 2 BUCKS!

I've been lucky enough to have my dear friend Judy here for the last 11 days and we've had an awesome time crafting like we did back when we were neighbors in Montana.  We made some cute seasonal picture frames.  She made a great Christmas one, which you will see a little later on, and I made this Thanksgiving one.
 Judy finds the most amazing things that I sometimes walk right on by and miss.  She found these cute frames at the Dollar Tree for...you guessed it...ONE DOLLAR!!
 Not only did she find that cute double frame that holds two different sized pictures, she also found some great photo mats that came in two colors AND at 4 to a pack, that makes them only 25 cents a piece!!  Honestly.....where else could you ever get any photo mat for under a dollar?  
 I had planned on using the white mat, but Judy made me consider the black one and I'm so glad...it was so much better!  I used a photo from the Graphics Fairy...I love that woman...and some scrap paper which I trimmed down to outline the center oval of my frame just slightly.


You'll notice that frame has two sides and is hinged in the middle.  I wanted to put some text in the other frame, so I googled Thanksgiving phrases and came up with this one, which I believe is a Native American saying.  So appropriate don't you think?
 Here is what my frame looked like when it was completed......
 
 Truthfully....did you ever think you could make something so elegant for under $2?  Who knew?  Judy did!!  Thank you Judy.  I love you and I miss you already my dear friend!

Linking up to any or all of the fine parties listed HERE.
 

21 comments:

  1. I love that the frames are different sized! Its a very unique look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are too cute, Danni! What a great budget friendly project. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! and the quote you chose is lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an all round terrific idea! I NEED one of those double frames. The idea of a picture and text beside, for seasonal accents, is perfect. Of course, the $2 price just puts it in the perfect price range. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Great job! What a easy, simple but Beautiful Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just precious! I don't think I have ever seen a double frame that held two different sizes, and I love the quote you put in--so appropriate for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew Dollar Tree had frames, but I've never noticed these. The quote is perfect for the small side of frame. What a terrific and cheap decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project! I love the hinged frames. I've got to take a second look at Dollar Tree! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quote you chose fit the vintage Thanksgiving picture perfectly. PLEASE do not dismantled this project for Christmas. Just buy another frame! I am pinning this to save for later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just the cutest Thanksgiving frame project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just so sweet. I love that one side is the cute "vintage postcard" and the other a sweet message! I am glad you went with the black...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danni, you come up with the best inspirational projects! What a find at the Dollar Tree store. Your ideas make their frames look awesome! This is one area I've often overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Danni, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Pinteresting Party.

    This is awesome! I love the pairing of the picture and the quote. Something I never would have thought to do, but it works so well.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is beautiful Danni. I love the graphics fairy too :). Glad you and Judy had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! This looks great in the hinged frame. I have a collection of antique Thanksgiving postcards that I love to display.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful Danni! I love the Graphics Fairy and the Dollar store too! It feels so great to make something so beautiful without spending tons of cashola and you hit this one out of the park! Thanks for linking up to It's a Party Linky party today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danni, that is seriously so cute!!! That print brings me back to my childhood. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet dear Dani. it is so good to be reminded to be grateful, especially in such a cute way :-)
    hugs
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is awesome! I love the graphic and the blessings print. It looks great. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great little treasure, the picture make me feel like a kid! Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday!
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm headed over to the Dollar Tree tomorrow! This is AWESOME! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete