Tuesday, November 20, 2012

WINTER WONDERLAND - Easy Framed Art

Welcome to the paint portion of the Crafty Cornucopia Challenge.  Today I'm going to show you how to make this elegant framed Art for almost nothing!
 Gorgeous isn't it?  The whole project cost me $1 for the inside mat that I picked up at the Dollar Tree.  Everything else I had and you probably do too.  
Here are the supplies that I used:
  •  Ribbon to match a card
  • Some kind of Christmas related charm or finding (I used an old cloisonne snowflake charm from a necklace I had.)
  • Gold metallic craft paint
  • Christmas card (I made this one, but any one you like is great!)
  • Picture frame
  • Mat for the inside of the frame (Dollar Tree - $1)
  • Hot glue or some other adhesive to fasten the charm onto the frame
I started with a plain white card and painted dark blue on the top half of it to make it look like a night sky with white snow.  I had a great tree stamp which I stamped and repeated a couple of times with gold embossing ink.  I then just used my gold metallic craft paint to paint a moon in the sky.  DoneI loved making my card, but I see so many beautiful Christmas cards that would be perfect for this and you could eliminate the card making-step.
The thing that really sets this art off is actually the $1 mat, which I painted gold metallic to match the trees.  You could paint yours any color to match whatever card you choose.
I tied my charm on with to two small pieces of matching ribbon and using just a dot of hot glue, fastened it to the frame.  If you use just a small amount, it will actually peel off if you want the frame available later for another project.  How do I know this?? 
Well.......  you've seen this same frame before at Easter.
Peter Rabbit Frame Up
 I glued that little bow up in the corner and it popped right off after Easter was over without leaving a mark or pulling the paint off.
So there you have it....I assembled my frame with the card that I painted and the mat that I painted and it's all ready to hang out on my kitchen shelf through the winter months.  
  If you like this project, and you're not already a follower of Silo Hill Farm, you may want to follow along because I am about to roll out some Christmas awesomeness over the next couple of weeks that you won't want to miss!   In fact, I'll be sharing the biggest project I've ever done, so stay tuned!

In case you missed Shatzi @ Love and Laundry's paint tutorial yesterday........
 which was so very awesome, click HERE to read more about it!


 Linking up to any or all of the fun parties listed HERE as well as:

Visit thecsiproject.com
 Setting for Four
 
Debbiedoo's

30 comments:

  1. I do believe you are the craftiest lady around! I can't wait to see what you roll out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so talented, and an awesome artist too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue ribbon is splendid, I love your special frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful project, Danni. I can't wait to see what you do for Christmas. I am sure it will be inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful Danni. I'm hanging out to see your Christmas projects xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Danni - I love it - and you made the card??? Girl you are so so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful, as is everything you do! I couldn't paint my own card, but if I buy a pretty card, I could actually make this! Can't wait to see you "biggest project ever".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, Danni! Another winning craft idea. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a terrific idea Danni. I can't wait to see all the "Christmas awesomeness" coming up! Bring on the holidays!

    xx
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really, really like the painting! Well done, Danni. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have so many beautiful Christmas cards left over from past years, but I never even thought to frame them! What a great idea! Of course, making your own is even better. Maybe I'll get brave and give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the gold paint, So pretty :) Great job Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out great, I love the blue. Wonderful winter decoration! Thanks so much for linking up on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This looks great. You and I are on the same wavelength with the handmade cards and framing them. :)

    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty!

    I would love if you would share at Fall Into the Holidays-

    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2012/11/24/fall-into-the-holidays-10/

    Katie @ Horrific Knits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for linking up to It's Party Time Danni! I love your handmade card and how you framed it! I love decorating with Christmas cards too! I have saved a few I have received in the past and framed them - but I have never made my own cards!!! You have inspired me to give it a try!! Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. somehow missed this one, it is gorgeous dear Danni! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so talented! What a beautiful project :) Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Danni that looks darling!~ Very clever idea. Thanks so much for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Danni! I found you over at the Dollar Tree Store Party. That is a pretty card that you made. What a good idea to framed it to use for holiday decor! Thank-you for sharing. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this!! It looks amazing. You are so creative. Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! Hope you are having a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's darling. I should do this. Darling. Happy Christmas making stuff. :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am featuring your creativity today here Danni!
    http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/12/features-its-party-time-11-18-2012-and.html
    Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous framed card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Danni, I love the clean lines of this project. It is simply elegant. Well done, my friend!

    Thanks for sharing at the homemade holiday party.

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Danni,
    I love the frames. These are so cute. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednedsay's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party starts Wednesday at 12:00 AM. Have a great week.
    Debi, Joye, Myrna, and Linda

    ReplyDelete