Saturday, January 14, 2012

Valentine Day Madness

I have a sister, Joy, who calls me a craft whore.  She's probably right.  But she never lived through 8 years of Montana winters! You gotta do something up there or you'll go crazy.  (Think Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, for those of you who don't remember....True story...I went cross country skiing up by his cabin while he still lived there and never even knew it until it was on the news!)  Here's a picture of me cross country skiing....this particular day was so much fun!

Anyway, I like to decorate my house for just about any holiday and sometimes I like to make stuff to do it with. This week I'm working on some Valentine's Day stuff and let me just tell you, I have it strung out "from hell to breakfast" as my mom used to say.  I really just should stop everything and get that craft room changeover done so that I can feel more organized.  Maybe that will happen today......maybe.  But, the other thing that is going to happen today (and I'm excited about this) is that my husband is taking me to look at an old barn that has collapsed. (This is not an uncommon occurrence in Missouri.)  The owner said I could have all the old barn wood that I want to haul away!  Now I can think of about 100 crafty things I can do with some of that right off the top of my head.  Don't worry, I won't be building a remote mountain cabin with it.  On the other hand, if I had a little cabin I could turn it into my craft area and I wouldn't need to make my spare bedroom into a craft room.  Oh dear.....maybe I am a craft whore Joy. (You know I love you anyway.)

1 comment:

  1. It was a term of endearment...I promise! Martha would be jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete