Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm Meeting a Blog Friend Today!!!

Today I get to meet a blog friend for the first time!  I'm so excited!  I'm planning a brunch for her and her husband!  I'll do a post about it soon, but for now, I'll just show you a little project I made for her to take on her trip home.

Okay, that one is actually for her husband, but I thought it was appropriate for Memorial Day weekend!  This is the one I made for her:
I had a couple of large coffee creamer containers and you know I couldn't throw them away!  I'm so glad I didn't!  They were perfect for making this project.  All I needed was a some wrapping paper (I had this awesome double sided paper), scissors, Mod Podge, tacky glue and a few embellishments.

I cut the paper to fit over the labels, front and back.  Using a sponge brush and some Mod-Podge, I adhered them to the containers. 
A little ribbon, a few fabric stars and a couple of buttons later......
Aren't they just seriously cute??  And what did I fill them with?
Homemade Carmel Corn!!  Yummmmm......no one has to share, they each have their own!
Now, I have to go.  I'm having special guests for brunch this morning and I have a few things to do...

9 comments:

  1. How lovely! Enjoy your meeting dear Danni!!!
    I nominated you for an award (just in case you get bored watering pumpkins and need something else to do. It is the Food Stories Award for Excellence in Storytelling. Check it out at (http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/). Feel free to decline if you don't want to join in. Big hug to you
    Jutta
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day ! Someday we will meet , I just know it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade caramel corn. My oh my oh my! I love that stuff. Good thing I don't keep corn syrup on hand or I'd be making it all the time.

    Great idea for the containers. I'm always looking for ways to re-use all those plastic containers I can't seem to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I can't wait to hear all about your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'm excited to read about how your brunch went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the sweetest. Oh my goodness...I want caramel for so bad now. :0 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Can I be your next guest?! That is SO sweet (pun intended) and so you, to make a take home treat for your guests. I hope you have a wonderful visit. It is so nice to meet people IRL. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a fab visit with your bloggy friend Danni. Love your gift idea - you're super creative - just love it xxx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I'm sure they'll love their treats!

    ReplyDelete