Friday, September 27, 2013

FALL ALCOHOL 2013...I'll take you there!

Last year when I posted "Fall Alcohol...I'm Goin There", two things happened...1) I lost a few followers ...2) The post was very well received and got tons of views...LOL!  I'll just say this now...if alcohol is not for you...don't read this post...BUT...you'll be missing out on some of the most fabulous fall packaging artwork out there.  Seriously, I love the people who do artwork like this....
Shipyard Brewing Company
I wish my sugar, flour and other groceries came in packages with Kick-a$$ graphics like that!  (Wouldn't shopping be a blast???!!!)  It doesn't hurt that the contents are pretty awesome either.  So, if you just want to look at the artwork, fine...if you want to know more about the contents, I have provided links to the brewers website for you.

Without further adieu, I will give you the latest on the fall alcohol to be found at a liquor store near you.  Speaking of adieu, lets start with France and the French Fall Twins from Pinnacle...
Pinnacle Vodka Pumpkin Pie & Caramel Apple
Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat


 Ichabod Pumpkin Ale - New Holland Brewing
Mr. Pumpkin - Mother's Brewing Company
Pumpkick - New Belgium Brewing
Yukon Jacapple


(Oddly enough, there is no website available for this..seriously.)
Oktoberfest - Shiner (Spoetzl Brewery)
Pumpkin Beer (O'Fallon Brewery
(Ummm this O'Fallon Pumpkin Beer was my favorite last year)

Pumpkin Spice Kahlua
Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest
(I drink this Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest at my local bar on tap..yum!)

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
And my favorite so far this year...........
Pumpkin Hard Cider - Woodchuck
I swear, I have no idea where the other 4 bottles in this 6-pack went!  But...if you can pick up some of this Private Reserve Pumpkin Hard Cider from Woodchuck, you will not be disappointed.  (And Jean...this one is Gluten Free!  Jean is a good friend of mine who blogs at The Backyard Bungalow..check her out!)
That's about all for Fall Alcohol this year.  There are several others out there, these are just a few of my faves.  I will remind you that you should always check the alcohol content on what you're drinking...some of these ales and beers are 8% or more and they can sneak right up on ya!  (Obviously the vodka's and liqueurs are stronger.)  
Drink responsibly, don't drink and drive, and NEVER drink when you are pregnant or nursing...don't even think about it
And just so you don't think that all I do is drink....I'll be posting a little fall decorating this weekend, before I take it down and go all Halloween on ya!
Happy Fall Y'all!!

Linking up to any or all of the fine parties listed below...

33 comments:

  1. Well Danni - you've done it - I can no longer follow you I'm afraid - the Pumpkin Hard Cider is what did it - because it shows you actually drank some of it LMHO !!!
    GREAT post - I never knew half of these existed! I keep going by to visit Jean but no new posts up :(
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. O love the art work too! I wanted to try Pumpkick the other day and chickened out. I didn't get a good thought of pumpkin taste in my head lol. There are so much more than I thought out there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GET OUT! I didn't know Woodchuck had a pumpkin cider. I'll be searching for this. I recently learned I am not a fan of Oktoberfest beers. I wish I could like them, but I am blaming my husband for making me a hophead. IPA girl all the way. But I do like hard cider.
    Great list Danni! I'll be showing Brant later. He loves trying new and different beers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the graphics! That would be a fun job. I wonder if the artists get to drink while they get creative. If so, I might work for free! My husband loves hard cider and actually makes his own. I can't wait to tell him about the pumpkin cider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always enchanted by the seasonal artwork on the brewskis. I almost bought the Shock Top for that very reason. I don't drink beer much, but I like a Blue Moon once in awhile with an orange squeezed in.
    I agree, could we not have great packaging on our pantry staples?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually buy my alcohol based on the packaging--obviously I'm not a connoisseur. However, my cabinet looks lovely. One must consider décor when making purchases of this kind in my humble opinion.

    The men I my family are great explorers when it comes to seasonal beers. Thanks for sharing this selection. There are a few in there that are new to me. Pumpkin hard cider? Can't wait to share that one with some friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I base my alcohol-choosing on the alcohol content. If it's less than 10%, I'm afraid I might be wasting belly space. I'm not a huge ale drinker, but the pumpkin ones are quite intriguing! I'm so glad I have just an alcohol-smart friend. That will come in handy when we finally have a weekend trip.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I had no idea there were so many seasonal choices out there. Pumpkin Kahlua??? Who knew? Well... you knew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Say What???!!!?? Pumpkin Kahlua? I'm on my way to get some NOW! :)
    Love all these fall packages! Thanks, Danni!
    Have a great weekend!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look delish! I could use a cold one right now even though it's only 11:30 AM!! I fell off the gluten-free wagon for about a week and need to get back on it....I definitely feel a difference. I'm gonna share this page with my boys who LOVE beer, pumpkin beer, Halloween and cool graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be still my heart.....SHUT THE FRONT....Oh...my....goodness! They make Pumpkin Spice Kahlua?! How did I not know this?! Cheers to fall and all they tummy drinks and cocktails. I love your fall alcohol posts, so fun to see all the cool brews out there and the fun marketing graphics they use. I have family coming into town next weekend and my brother-in-law would probably love a few of the festive fall beers! I'll be sure to stop by you post again to figure out a few I should get. *clink clink* thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PUMPKIN PIE VODKA!?!?! I believe I have died and gone to Heaven.
    Shock Top, Ichabod, Pumpkick, and Leinenkugel....check. The others? I will give them a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I have never seen any kind of alcohol in a pumpkin flavor over here ! And I absolutely LOVE the packaging, Danni ! {I'll never be able to throw something like that out ;-) }

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute post, Danni! I think that Pumpkin Spice Kahlua would be great over vanilla ice cream! That's about it for my alcoholic taste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want the pumpkin pie vodka and the woodchuck cider. My favorite art is the Ichabod. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pumpkin kahlua yum! I wish I could get it here!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If it weren't for the missing cider bottles, you could have pretended you just took pictures at the liquor store and we could still follow your site. sigh Oh, wait a minute, I don't care if your drank them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I like the wood chuck graphic best! Isn't he cute?! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  19. Danni - LOVED this so much! I just adore these kinds of graphics and these are all absolutely awesome! The woodchuck is pretty great, but I also like the Mr. Pumpkin - hey, he kind of goes with my Mr. Pumpkin! :) Great post (and that Pinnacle Pumpkin Pie vodka is on my counter right now!) Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I only recognized a few of the fall beverages you highlighted...I had no idea how much fall themed drinks were out there. You've peaked my curiosity about the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alcohol and my meds do not mix so I gave up imbibing, but the graphic artwork is brilliant. I would love the have the bottle caps! For obvious reasons I think the Woodchuck label is the best since I am married to a woodchuck! Have you ever cooked with them? Like Gail above, the Kahlua would be great over ice cream. Then lots then make a cool craft from the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Think I'm gonna grab some Kahlua and head to France and the Yukon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pinned 'em too, so I remember where I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Pinnacle, will have to search these flavors out! Love this post! I'm sharing on my facebook page right about...NOW! ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now why would anyone stop following because you shared awesome fall beers and liquors and such!!! How fun. And I had no idea there were so many holiday brews for Halloween out there!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ok, I'll come clean, I'm not much of a drinker and I won't be tasting any of these sometime soon, being across the pond. However this summer I did indulge in any cider or beer that was opened accidentally (!!!) in the café where I work, because a bit of alcohol sure helps with the heat and exhaustion !
    Love the graphic on shock top, and shocked that people would stop following you, how bizarre !

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are all foreign to me.....oh yah, probably because I'm Canadian...lol. I agree with you on the artwork. Amazing!! Who knew that they made Halloween beer. Maybe I will come trick or treating to your house. Looks like you give out some fine "candy" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yummy! I'm definitely looking for the pumpkin pie vodka!!! Woodchuck is one of favs too!!! Excellent post!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm not much of a drinker, but who cares, the graphics and festiveness cannot be beat! I'm thinking my favorite is the Shipyard Pumpkinhead, but they are all real eye catchers. I'm definitely feeling that fall spirit coming... way to bring it on, Danni!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Even though I am not much of a drinker I did enjoy this post..............................

    ReplyDelete
  31. Alcohol IS for me.
    Good packaging is good marketing. I always buy my wine based on how cool the label is. That's just how I roll. (Wine experts please don't yell at me.)
    I took a tour of Lakeside Brewery in Milwaukee years ago and they had us taste a pumpkin beer... it was delicious!
    Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LakeFRONT Brewery. Evidently I drank too many pumpkin beers when I was there.

      Delete
  32. Wow! I didn't know Pinnacle made those flavors! I love their cake flavor to make a pineapple upside-down cake. To die for! I HAVE to try them now. I'm thinking caramel apple in hot cider maybe? Love all the beer artwork too! so cool.

    ReplyDelete