Keeping that theme in mind, I should have made a resolution to "make a craft out of anything"! (Okay, maybe not pigs heads.)
But really, I have a sister...actually 5 of them, but this one in particular calls me a "craft whore". She says I will make a craft out of anything. Perhaps she's right....let's have a brief look shall we?
Okay, in my defense here.....
- that years pumpkin crop was awesome
- what else are you going to make out of a round propane tank? I had to do something with it...having old propane tanks laying around is a sure sign of a meth lab here in Missouri!
- those spools were free and I have some kick-a$$ projects planned for those!
But....let's look at a few more....
- Oh c'mon...tomato pin cushions are just ugly.
- That witch hand? My most viewed post to date!
- OK, I'll give it....the jeweled bunny was a little out there.
Hmmmmmm...she may be right, I will make a craft out of anything!
- creamer can? Hey...I put Halloween treats in it and gave it away.
- fireworks gifts? My niece and nephew thought they were awesome and they didn't care what they started out as.
- the trim? c'mon....that was going in the trash when I had the idea to use it for a little sign.
Okay....but isn't the term "craft whore" a bit strong?
My sister is right...I'll make a craft out of anything.....
That is a New Years Resolution I could have easily kept!
(But "Craft Whore"? Really??)
Update: I did tell my sister that I was not a craft whore because I was not receiving any money for my projects. Her response?
"Then that makes you a craft slut!"
I give up!
Please be sure to visit some of these great blogs linked below to see their spin on this months theme. I thank every one of these ladies for their bravery in joining us and for sharing their humor!
If you think you would like to join us for the next Tongue-in-Cheek Tuesday, just let any of us know and when we're ready for another round, we'll get in touch with you and let you know the topic and date. Most importantly, remember, it's all about being able to laugh at ourselves!