Wednesday, September 5, 2012

BLOGGERS I ADMIRE: MEL AT MELLYWOOD'S MANSION A DIARY OF DIY DELIGHTS AND DISASTERS

I have a new blogger  that I am really enjoying and I want to share her here with you! 
Please meet my friend Mel.  Really...don't you love her already?!
Haven't we all had at least one project that made us want to put a drill to our head?
Her blog is 
Mellywood's Mansion a Diary of DIY Delights and Disasters
and she is a delight to read!  Here's a clip from her bio that made me just want to follow her....

"DIY - an acronym scaring and scarring families everywhere. Hi I'm Mel and I am on a mission to renovate and decorate with little experience but a whole bag full of motivation. Read on to be amazed or horrified with what I come up with."

I asked her to share her 3 favorite posts and then I'll share the 3 that I love the most.  
Mel's top 3.......
 This is kind of the beginning of her mission and it's sure been fun to follow along!


Mel has been working on her laundry room and it's so cute!

She refers to the above project as a "butter offering" and if you're like me, you don't know what that means.......here is Mel's explanation in her own words, "Well today's project is what I like to refer to as a butter offering, or spelled correctly but-ahh.
If you don't know what it means, it's when you see something from far away and you go, oh that looks great then you get up close and you screw your face up and think, "but-ahh" no, no it's not."


Now, I loved everyone of those posts, but here are my top faves...so far.....
How you start with a title like that and end with a picture like the one above....well, that 's just the beauty of Mel's awesome sense of humor!
In this post, Mel made an awesome gift for her older sons.  I'm not going to show it to you here, but if you have or know any teenage boys, you're going to want to click on the above link and check it out!

You all know how I love a quick, easy and inexpensive project, and this was one of those.  Trash Chic?  I think Mel has coined a phrase!

So now you've had a chance to take a quick look at Mel's blog and if you even like a little bit of this post, go on over to her blog, Mellywood's Mansion and check her out some more.  You might even want to follow her if you want to laugh out loud at least once every day!  She's on my "morning coffee list", which are blogs that I read while I'm having those first few cups of coffee and want to start my day out on a happy note!  
Thanks for letting me feature you here this morning Mel!  Keep the good projects and the funny lines coming!  You've made my day more than once!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this :) The pics you shared make me curious to go check out her blog !! Good Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danni, I was just on my way to bed, thank you soo much, too excited to sleep now, want o wake all the kids to show them at least someone thinks I'm awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check out Mel's blog! I can always use a laugh to start out my day. It just makes the day that much better! Thanks Danni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danni, thanks for going back to introducing bloggers you like to read. I have definitely saved Mel's blog as one I want to check out! She sounds hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked her out, Danni, and love her site! Of course, I joined. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete