Sunday, August 5, 2012

RAIN

We got rain!!!! 1 1/2" so far!  I can hardly keep myself from running outside and just standing there in it.  It feels like the whole earth is just breathing a sigh of relief!  Yay!
We took our youngest grandson to Branson this week to see my brother who was vacationing down there with his family.  We had a wonderful time and I was totally exhausted when we came home at 11:00 at night.  That child is tireless and a pure joy to be around.
My brother helped him fish.
 He climbed a mini rock wall.
Climbed some ropes.
Look how serious he is steering the pirate ship!!
He stood still for 20 seconds so I could take this picture, but he didn't want to.
 Go Karts with PawPaw.
 Go Karts by himself!
Water Bumper Boats with me....
 where we got totally soaked because he shot water at everyone and they ganged up on us.
Soaked...but not tired!
 There was some silliness with his my nephews daughter Riley.
I had the pleasure of meeting this package of preciousness, my nephew's son Josh.  
 His sister Riley, whom I hadn't seen since she was a baby!
 My nephew Josh and his wife Shannon.  (Yes beer was involved...don't judge!)  He's a hero who fights for your freedom in Iraq and now Afghanistan.  She's a hero who stays home and takes care of business so he can take care of all of us.
 She has an amazing laugh and a beautiful smile!
Finally, we are tired, we are hot, we are happy, and we are going home after an amazing day. 
 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad to hear you got some rain. We only had a quarter inch. But at least it's cooler today. Heading out to the shop to get ALOT of work done.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family and your grandson is adorable. Looks like you all had a fab time xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain? I wish! I counted 22 sprinkles on my windshield yesterday. Your grandson is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Branson, MO? And you didn't watch the Osmonds? Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fabulous. Sounds like such a great time and on top of that - RAIN!! If I could insert the sound of angels singing, I would do that here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, on your rain! That fella can have all the beer they want on their holiday. They've earned it! You sure have given your grandson a terrific holiday. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandchildren are the best ! I found out today that my second grand baby will arrive in March ! I am so excited ! We got some rain this weekend too , but I'm afraid it's too late for a lot of the crops :( How are your pumpkins ? Also , my Datura is blossoming , I'm going to try and get a picture for you , but you know how my photography skills are !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I danced in the rain today and let it streamed down my face. The earthy smell of the soil soaking in the moisture was a scent welcomed back by everyone. It came and stayed for a short time, then blew away to quench another's thirst.

    My deep thoughts at 12:50 in the morning!

    Such happy family memories made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rain. I love the sound, the smell, sleeping while it's raining, and not having to water anything.

    Looks like you all had a good time. Kids are so adorable, and that one lil cutie with the big brown eyes and sweet cheeks is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for rain!!! It looks like you had a wonderful time with family!!! Fun pictures!!! One more time....yay for rain!!!

    ReplyDelete