Saturday, July 13, 2013

VINTAGE BLACK AND WHITE FRAMED CHRISTMAS PHOTO

It's Christmas in July and although it's hard to think about Christmas this time of year, I'm doing it!   
 I'm delighted to share this cute, easy and inexpensive framed vintage photo project with you.
 The whole project came in at less than $2.00!  Gotta love that, right?
Here's how I did it.  The supplies are.........
Hinged double photo frame (Dollar Tree...guess how much? Yep $1!)  Photo mat (Dollar Tree....4/$1.00....that makes it 25 cents!)  Black and white photo from a Christmas card (free).  You can find a lot of very cool vintage Christmas photos for free at The Graphics Fairy though.
You can ignore the little package of gems, because in the end, I felt like I didn't need to use them.
Let me give you a close up of that Christmas card print because it's absolutely adorable, which is why I saved it for several years!
Seriously, do you not want to just hug that little girl??!!!  
I put the oval mat over the photo and slipped it into the large half of the frame.  
I wanted to put some cute saying or something in the small frame.  I made this on PicMonkey.  (I love PicMonkey!)  
It just seemed appropriate for the picture.  I printed it out, trimmed it to fit and put it in the small side of the frame.  It was at this point I decided not to add the little gems.  It somehow took away from the vintage feel of it.  
   It may be my favorite Christmas project this year.  Easy and inexpensive, yet simple and precious.  Come to think of it....that's just how I like my Christmas to be!  I hope yours is the way you want it to be as well!
Linking up to:
 

26 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Danni! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and what a great price Danni! I thought maybe you used your paint for this at first. Let me know how it does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project and the sweet vintage black and white photo. So charming. See ya at the party:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this Danni, adorable and perfect for classy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danni, I LOVE this! And the price is perfect :) Thanks for the idea, you creative gal.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Danni! That little girl and her tree are precious.
    Does this mean you have started on your black and white theme?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING this Danni - that card is gorgeous and deserved to be framed...................
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and simple! Love how you elongated the frame by going vertical - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely Danni I think sometimes simple is best

    ReplyDelete
  10. The black frame is perfect for the vintage photo. I love the simplicity. I wish to see this in a few months on your Christmas mantel! (You know what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this framed Christmas photo! What a nice Christmas in July project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo card is absolutely adorable! Sometimes nothing but back and white will do, and you framed it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just gonna pretend the little girl is you, cuz you're all sweet and precious too for not only being ready with a Christmas in July project but for the shout out as well!
    Thanks.
    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Danni, I just LOVE this and I would totally have kept that Christmas card, too! It looks absolutely perfect in that frame and what a lovely, vintage addition to Christmas. Thanks for sharing and hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card. You always have such awesome ideas Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable, Danni! I must admit, even though it's triple digits outside, I'm so ready for the holidays!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is SO STINKIN' ADORABLE! And yes, I want to hug that little girl! You know how much I love frames...this is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Danni, that is ADORABLE. Simple, inexpensive but pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do want to hug that little girl, too!! It is such a touching photo, good eye girl, and I just LOVE what you did to turn into a Christmas momento, simple and classic! Pinning ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is super sweet and the price is perfect! Pinning again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did you get a card with a picture of ME on it? I sure am cute, huh? :) Love the project. Maybe next year I can be D'Awesome and have a Christmas in July project...

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is an ADORABLE project, and I just love the picture you selected of the little girl. She's all gettin' ready for the holidays, such a sweetie! Following, A

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this a lot Danni! I always save cards like that, too. The problem is that I never can remember where I saved them...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this, you could do so many different variations!

    ReplyDelete